Friday, September 14, 2012

Sa0S50M0T50W30Th33F129


Saturday
Short bike.

Sunday
Nice run. Warm weather. My legs felt really good. I ran  five times the Oakwood  Valley loop. (10:07 warm up; 9:23; 9:10; 9:10; 10:07 cool down plus another four minutes on the road) Total run time: 53 minutes and 52 seconds, my longest run in a couple months.

Monday
Day off. Short bike ride.

Tuesday
Back to China Camp area. Out and back rolling hills. The first part I ran in 25:33, and the second part in 25:17 with some short steep hills. My legs felt surprisingly good. Short bike ride in the afternoon. Upper body weights in the morning. Total run time: 50 minutes and 50 seconds.

Wednesday
Back to another area where I have not been for a while, Sorich Park. In this trail I ran my first serious race eight years ago. I finished third.. It gets really warm and dry during the summer. The first section is all up hill. Things get a little flat on the top. Since you are on the top you have the choice to take any trail depending of your destination, all downhill. I felt good going up hill. My legs are getting back to the old shape. I took easy the way down. Total run time: 31 minutes

Thursday
I rode my bike down to the bike path where I started my run. But first I did a few drills. My heels were very sore.  I am trying to change the way how my feet strikes the ground, from heel to mid foot. It is hard to change an old habit but you need to be persistent. Total run time: 33 minutes.

Friday
My plan was to go for one hour run. I ended up going a little further than that. I ran the same route as Wednesday but adding another couple miles. Things went wrong the way back when I was about a mile from the finish/start, and I made the wrong turn going up this steep hill. It did not take long to figure out what I have done. I turned around but it took me a few minutes to find the way back to the start. My heels were starting to hurt really bad and the weather was hot. Total run time: 1 hour and 29 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment