Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lighting



What do you do when you are not running? Well, I try to do some cross training. Cycling is a good option. I have an old vintage Pinarello from early 1980's. It keeps me fit while I can not run. Lifting weights is a good option too. I usually overdo it. I used to lift some heavy weights in my early 20's. These days I just try to stay fit by doing some upper body maintenance, working  muscles used mostly during running.

This past week I did a couple bike rides a day. Short bike rides. Nothing very ambitious. And I am addicted to pull ups, specially the one arm pull ups. I am getting better, being able to do at least  five pull ups with one arm.

My diet has being a little off. What is for dinner tonight?  How about Julia Child's chicken? I rode my bike to the local store and got a nice chicken. Let's see how things turn out.

On the running side I was able to do a thirty minutes run Saturday afternoon. No pain. My heels are acting weird. I am just wondering if the excess of caffeine that I am drinking is not somehow blocking t my body's mineral intake. Sometimes I drink two cups of coffee a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment