Saturday, July 14, 2012

Heat

At this time of the year I should be doing some high mileage but things are not working out well. My plantar fasciitis and heel inflammation are not going away. I made a few mistakes that caused my injury: run on hard surfaces; run too many hilly routes; lift weighs; not enough stretch of the calf muscles; work; shoe's support.



Saturday
Easy run on the bike path out and back. I was feeling a little tired after work. Total run time: 32 minutes and 42 seconds.

Sunday
Hilly run. From home to the Oakwood Valley Trail and up to Alta Fired rd. I ran down Old Springs and back to  Oakwood Valley trail. From there I ran the same route back home. My heels are very inflamed, very painful. Not a good idea run hills when you have plantar fasciitis. Total run time: 1 hour and 44 minutes.

Monday
Long working day. No time to run.

Tuesday
Day off.

Wednesday
Easy run on the bike path. I was feeling very tired. Plantar fasciitis is very painful. Total run time: 33 minutes and 12 seconds.

Thursday
Day off. Another long working day.


Friday
Easy run on the Oakwood Valley trail. I ran three times the loop. I started slow and gradually increased the pace.(10:33; 9:48; 9:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment