Friday, May 11, 2012

Gut

I had a good week of running, even that my mileage was lower that I expected. Plantar fasciitis and allergies were a problem, but I was able to run with a little discomfort. Next week I will have my first hard run of the year. It is a tough ten miles that I ran last year and had cramps half way into the race.



Saturday
Solid run from home to the bike path and back. I stopped by the local track and ran 10 x 200 in :36 w/ 200 jog R. My legs felt OK, not fully recovered. Total run time: 1  hour and 2 minutes.

Sunday
Back to the Bahia area. I ran the rolling course from the Bahia gate to the marsh and back. My plantar fasciitis injury was showing up during the first ten minutes. I could feel every bone on my foot hurting badly. But eventually it went away. My legs felt tired running on heat and up these little inclines. Grasses are blooming everywhere making my nasal congestion even worse. Total run time: 42 minutes.

Monday
Another almost easy run. I decided to run a little early in the afternoon. Not a good idea. It turned out a very hot afternoon with some nasty winds. I started my run easy for the first fifteen minutes. My plan was to do 3 x 1 mile with 2 minutes hard and one easy, covering each mile in around 6:00 minutes pace. I was doing well until the start of the third mile. My body temperature went way up. I was sweating heavily. it was better back off and save my legs for the next run. Total run time: 40 minutes and 17 seconds.

Tuesday
Easy run on the bike path. The usual 6.1 miles plus a couple loops around the soccer fields. Very hot day. I rode my bike to the bike path. Weights for the upper body. Total run time: 46 minutes.

Wednesday
I ran a short tempo run, just over three miles, or 3.18 in 19:33. My legs were a little tired. Hot and windy. Runnin' nose. I rode my bike to the bike path. Total run time: 40 minutes and 52 seconds.

Thursday
Easy run from home to the bike path, out and back, and back home. I was feeling a little tired this morning so I decided to do my run in the afternoon. Beautiful weather, not so hot. Total run time: 52 minutes and 34 seconds.

Friday
I ran later in the afternoon. Very windy. After a quick warm up, I ran 13 x 60 secs hill(half up/half down) with 30 secs Rest. My legs felt really good.  I was trying to run the downhill hard and relaxed. Total run time: 40 minutes and 15 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment