Friday, January 6, 2012

Power



Week Six - Crash Training - 12/31/11

Saturday
Easy run on the bike path. Total darkness. Last run of 2011. I ran after work. My legs were tired. Total run time: 34 minutes and 11 seconds.

Sunday
This morning I ran from home to the local track. I ran 21 laps on the track and headed back home. Cold morning. I was feeling very tired. Total run time: 57 minutes and 16 seconds, or over 8 miles.

Monday
Easy run on the bike path plus a loop around the soccer fields. I ran after work. Tired legs. Total run time: 43 minutes 20 seconds, or over 6.1 miles.

Tuesday
A good day for a speed session. I rode my bike down to the bike path where I started my run. After a quick warm up, I started my speed session that consisted of 5 x 1 miles with 3 minutes jog/rest in between. My plan was to ran my reps around 5:40. It went like this: 5: 37; 5:33; 5:30; 5:32; 5:34. I put the breaks on after the third repetition. Lots people on the bike path that cause me to slow down a few times. Overall it was a good run. I finished it with a 12 minutes cool down for a total of approximately 8 miles.

Wednesday
Sames as Monday. My feet were aching before I started my run. After a few minutes I felt better. Total run time: 43 minutes and 34 seconds, or over 6.1 miles.

Thursday
Another good day. I decided to do a little tempo run, not very fast, just enough to keep my legs moving. I ran the bike path route twice. I ran 6.25 miles in 37:27 at 6:00 pace. My legs felt really go, light and fast. Total run time: 1 hour, 1 minute, and 2 seconds, or 9.5 miles at an average of 6:25 pace.

Friday
Cold night. I rode my bike down to the bike path. My legs were feeling a little tired. I ran the usual route as Wednesday. My plan was to run a little longer but I decided to back off. Total run time: 44 minutes and 27 seconds, or over 6.1 miles.

Another short week in the mileage side. I had two good speed sessions with no days off. I need to get another good mileage week before my half marathon in February.

Week Set - Crash Training - 1/7/12

Saturday
Day off. Short bike ride. Very tired.

Sunday
I was feeling very tired during the morning but in the afternoon somehow I felt better. So I decided to do my daily run. I ran from home to the bike path, taking the hilly route. From the bike path I run to the Oakwood Valley trail. I ran the OWV trail loop once and headed up to the Ten parking lot. I turned around by the parking lot and ran the some route in the reverse. Except that I added 2.5 miles on the bike path and chose the flat route back home. Total run time: 1 hour, 25 minutes and 14 seconds, or over 12.5 miles at 6:45 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment