Saturday, January 21, 2012

Habits



Week Eight - Crash Training - 1/14/12

Saturday
Day off. Short bike ride.

Sunday
The cold weather is back. I started my run from home to the bike path. From there to the Oakwood Valley Trail. I ran the loop once and headed up to the Ten Parking lot. I saw five cars parked. Usually it is full house after 7AM. I ran to the Ten Beach and turned around repeating the same route until I reached the bike path. When on the bike path I ran right to its end and back. Finally I exited the bike path and headed back home. Total run time: 1 hour, 50 minutes and 12 seconds, or just over 16 miles.
Upper body weight session.


Monday
Easy run on the bike path. The usual recovery run. Cold weather. Total run time: 41 minutes and 50 seconds, or 6.1 miles.

Tuesday
Speed session on the bike path. 20 x 400 all under :77 secs. with under :60 secs Rest. Good day. I started with a warm up of 2.88 miles and finished with a short cool down. Cold weather.

Wednesday
The same as Monday. Tired. Right ITB seems a little tight. Total run time: 43 minutes.

Thursday
Day off. Short bike ride.

Friday
Another day off. It has been very windy in the last two days with lots rain. I am backing off in my training for couple days because when the weather changes, especially the temperature, injuries like piriformis syndrome seems to occur.

This was a short week with tree days off. But I had a good speed session and one long run.

Week Nine - Crash training -1/21/12

Saturday
This morning I did a run from home to the bike path and back. Very windy coming back from the bike path, but no rain. My legs were feeling crappy. It always happens when you have a couple days off. 

Sunday
Race day. Ten miles in 58:12. Short bike ride in the afternoon.

1 comment:

A13 said...

HBM!! Glad to see your surviving your crash training.
It would have done me in by now :)
keep it up, and i'm trying here too to get back into it..you are an inspiration.
best wishes
A

Post a Comment