Friday, January 13, 2012

Changes



Week Seven - Crash Training - 1/7/12

Saturday
Day off. Short bike ride. Very tired.

Sunday
I was feeling very tired during the morning but in the afternoon somehow I felt better. So I decided to do my daily run. I ran from home to the bike path, taking the hilly route. From the bike path I run to the Oakwood Valley trail. I ran the OWV trail loop once and headed up to the Ten parking lot. I turned around by the parking lot and ran the some route in the reverse. Except that I added 2.5 miles on the bike path and chose the flat route back home. Total run time: 1 hour, 25 minutes and 14 seconds, or over 12.5 miles at 6:45 pace.

Monday
Easy run on the bike path, out and back plus one loop around the soccer fields. Total run time: 42 minutes.

Tuesday
Speed session consisting of 8 x 800m in 2:40 with 90 seconds Rest/jog. It went like this: 2:40; 2:40; 2:38; 2:39; 2:35; 2:37; 2:39; 2:36 with all under 90 seconds of rest/jog in between. I felt great: light and fast. Total run time: 55 minutes or just over 8 miles.

Wednesday
The same as on Monday but at a faster pace. Total run time: 40 minutes and 42 seconds.

Thursday
This one was a tough one. I was planning to do a tempo run. Well, in the last few days I have been working  on a ladder, standing a few feet above ground. It always cause me some sore muscles. So this afternoon I was feeling a little off in my usual speed shape. I started by halfway on the bike path. The pace was a little faster than my last tempo run, but I managed to slow down on the way back. After 25 minutes into the run I started feeling my left leg going numb. Eventually it got better. I kept playing some mind games to keep me going. From 5 to 6 to 7 miles and so on. I ended up doing a 7.58 miles tempo in 45 minutes and 23 seconds. Lots traffic on the bike path: dogs, people, bikes, etc. My goal was an eight miles tempo, but I was happy with what I did.

Friday
The same as on Wednesday at a slower pace. Total run time: 41 minutes and 50 seconds.

Another hard working week. I found my lower and acceptable mileage week, at least for now. I had a good speed session, one tempo run and a 90 minutes run. It wasn't so bad. But my mileage really suffered. The long mileage weeks that I did last year are paying off. My endurance increased and I am feeling fit.

Week Eight - Crash Training - 1/14/12

Saturday
Day off. Short bike ride.

Sunday
The cold weather is back. I started my run from home to the bike path. From there to the Oakwood Valley Trail. I ran the loop once and headed up to the Ten Parking lot. I saw five cars parked. Usually it is full house after 7AM. I ran to the Ten Beach and turned around repeating the same route until  I reached the bike path. When on the bike path I ran right to its end and back. Finally I exited the bike path and headed back home. Total run time: 1 hour, 50 minutes and 12 seconds, or just over 16 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment