Friday, December 23, 2011

Natural

Week Four - Crash Training - 12/17/11
This should be an easy week with a low mileage in the range of 50-60 miles. I survived for three weeks without any major problems.



Saturday
Day off. My left knee is acting again. Tight ITB. Time to get a new pair of shoes. Short bike ride.

Sunday
I decided to back off on my long run. My left/ITB is sore/tight. I rode my bike to the bike path where I started my daily run. My main goal was to test my knee. I ran twice the bike path route out and back, and added a loop around the soccer fields. My knee did not bother me. Total run time: 1 hour, 15 minutes and 19 seconds at 6:46 pace.

Monday
I ran late in the complete darkness. Don't know how but I was able to find my way on my cross country loop around the soccer fields. I ran the loop three times at an easy pace. Left knee is not cooperating. Total run time: 36 minutes and 11 seconds, or over 5 miles.

Tuesday
Another easy short run. I decided to back off until my knee gets better. I ran on the bike path out and back, adding a loop around the soccer fields with a few minutes on the road. New pair of shoes. Total run time: 45 minutes and 52 seconds, or over 6.5 miles.

Wednesday
AM: Easy short run on the bike path, out and back plus a loop around the soccer fields. Good pace. The left knee did not bother me. Total run time: 41 minutes and 15 seconds, or 6.1 miles at 6:45 pace.

PM: At this time I ran a little faster than this morning. The usual bike path out and back route at 6:30 pace. Total run time: 30 minutes and 35 seconds, or over 4.7 miles.

Thursday
AM: Very cold day. I did a short run in the Rush Creek area by the cemetery. I ran a loop from the cemetery's gate to the Bahia's gate, and back up the paved road. It was hard to breath because of the cold air under the trees. Rolling hills. Total run time: 35 minutes and 27 seconds, or around 4.5 miles

PM: I rode my bike to the bike path where I started my run. I ran the bike path out and back, adding a few more minutes by running half way out and back. My legs felt good. Good pace. Total run time: 52 minutes and 2 seconds, or 7.5 miles.

Friday
To end my Week 4, I ran the bike path out and back with a loop around the soccer fields and a few minutes on the paved road. My legs are feeling great, light and fast. I just need to be cautious to not overdue. Overall it was a good week with some sign of injuries that eventually did not interrupt my training. Total run time: 47 minutes and 5 seconds, or over 6.6 miles.

Week Five - Crash Training - 12/24/11
Saturday
Day off.

Sunday
My almost long run day. I ran from home to the bike path and ran twice the bike path course out and back, plus a loop around the soccer fields. Cold weather. I was glad when it was over. Total run time: 1hour, 32 minutes and 23 seconds, or approx. 13.8 miles at 6:41 pace.

2 comments:

A13 said...

Hi HBM, Merry Christmas to you :)
Cheers A13

Honk Bonk Man said...

Thanks A13! I wish you Merry Christmas and a great new year.

Post a Comment