Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Inane

This is Week Three of my Crash Training. My  mileage should be in the range of 75-80 miles. If I can survive the injuries, I will be OK.


Saturday - Week Three - Crash Training- 12/10/11
This morning after a nice night frost I started my run from home in direction to the bike path. I get off the bike path and ran in direction to Oakwood Valley trail. After I ran once the OWT loop, I headed up to the Ten parking lot and from there to the Ten beach. I turned around by the beach and ran back to the OWT, repeating the OWT loop and heading up to the Ten parking again, turning around and running back to the bike path, exiting the bike path and finishing my run by the starting point. I picked up the pace in some sections. In other sections the wind slowed me down. Overall it was a good run. Total run time: 1 hour, 50 minutes and 44 seconds, or over 15 miles.

Sunday
AM: Another cold day. Big frost this morning. I ran from home to the bike path, out and back and back home. My legs were feeling tired. Piriformis is acting again. Cold weather is always hard on your body. It requires a good warm up before leaving for your run. Total run time: 58 minutes and 57 seconds or just over 8 miles.

PM: Easy short run on the bike path. I rode my bike from home to the bike path. My legs felt better than in the first run. I did not time this run. It was around 4.7 miles.

Monday
Very cold day, at least by my standards. I started my run by the bike path and ran to the Oakwood Valley trail. I did the loop once and headed up to the Ten parking lot and eventually to the Ten Beach. I turned around by the beach and headed back. Total run time: 1 hour, 3 minutes and 50 seconds, or over 9 miles.

Tuesday
I have been feeling tired in the last couple days. It was a good reason to back off doing doubles and go back to the single daily runs. I rode my bike to bike path where I started my run. I ran the bike path route out and back. Then I created a loop around the soccer fields including two short hills. I ran the loop three times. Cold weather. Total run time: 1 hour, 2 minutes and 30 seconds, or around 9 miles.

Wednesday
The best run of the week so far. My legs felt good. I ran from home, adding a nice loop around the neighborhood, going up some steep hills. I ended up by the bike path, running it out and back, adding a loop around the soccer fields and heading back home on the usual route. Total run time: 1 hour, and 11 minutes, or just over 10 miles.

Thursday
AM: Easy run on the bike path. The usual out and back route. The ground was muddy after the all night rain. I am feeling surprisingly good. Total run time: 32 minutes and 37 seconds.

PM: Another easy run on the bike path. I added a loop around the soccer fields. It took me about ten minutes to loose up and shake the aches and pains. Total run time: 43 minutes and 4 seconds, or around 6.2 miles.

Friday
AM: Easy run on the China Camp area. I ran during my working break. My legs were a little tired. Tight ITBs. I increased the pace for the last fifteen minutes. Total run time: 33 minutes and 24 seconds, or just over 4.5 miles.

PM: Another easy run at a faster pace than the AM run. I rode my bike to the bike path. My run started by the local track. I ran the bike path route out and back and adding a couple miles to the usual route. My legs felt good. Cold weather. The average pace was 6:39. Total run time: 44 minutes and 39 seconds, or 6.7 miles.

Another good week. I was able to run a little over 75 miles and stay injury free. The cold weather was my main enemy but so far I have been able to survive without any problems. The Week Four will be an easy week with a mileage range of 50-60 miles.

Week Four - Crash Training - 12/17/11
This should be an easy week with a low mileage in the range of 50-60 miles. I survived for three weeks without any major problems.

Saturday
Day off. My left knee is acting again. Tight ITB. Time to get a new pair of shoes. Short bike ride.

Sunday
I decided to back off on my long run. My left/ITB is sore/tight.  I rode my bike to the bike path where I started my daily run. My main goal was to test my knee. I ran twice the bike path route out and back, and added a loop around the soccer fields. My knee did not bother me. Total run time: 1 hour, 15 minutes and 19 seconds at 6:46 pace.

2 comments:

A13 said...

HI HBM,
how have you been?
This crash training sounds very demanding.
Good on you for persarvering with it.
Cheers and many regards to you
A13

Honk Bonk Man said...

I have been running everywhere and trying to keep the bagels busy. Yes, I think I will make to the next week. Hope to keep a couple toe nails intact. Thanks for the visit. Stay sexy as always!

Post a Comment