Friday, December 9, 2011

Humble

The Week Two of my Crash Training started on Saturday. I am feeling good after my first week of Crash training. So far no signs of injuries. The Week Two should be a short easy week. The mileage should in the range of 25-30 miles.



Saturday - 12/2/11 - Crash Training - Week Two
Day off. Two short bike rides. Upper body weight lifting.

Sunday
I ran from home to the bike path, to the Oakwood Valley trail (once the loop), to Ten Parking lot, and headed back running the same route in the reverse. Before I hit the pavement I added a few minutes on the bike path. Cold weather. Total run time: 1 hour, 28 minutes and 15 seconds, or over 12 miles.

Monday
I rode my bike to the bike path this afternoon. By 5PM it was already dark. Perfect time to start my run. After a quick warm up I ran a cross country style loop with a couple nice inclines. First lap in 9:03; second in 8:48; and the last one in 8:48?. The loop was around 1.5 miles.

Tuesday
Another almost easy run on the bike path. Cold weather. I started slow and gradually increased the pace. I should have an easy day but my legs felt too good. Average pace: 6:34. Total run time: 31 minutes and 27 seconds.

Wednesday
Day Off. I decided to back off because I was gradually starting to increase the pace in my runs, not a good thing at this time of the year. This week should be a low intensity, low mileage week. Better try to prevent injuries from happening. Short bike ride in the afternoon.

Thursday
Another cold day. I rode my bike down to the bike path where I started my run. The usual bike path route out and back. My legs felt light and fast. Total run time: 33 minutes and 51 seconds.

Friday
Similar as yesterday without the loop around the playground area. I'm having some signs of plantar fasciitis again. Total run time: 33 minutes and 20 seconds.

Easy short week. I ran a little over 30 miles with one almost long run, two days off, and four easy short runs.

Saturday - Week Three - Crash Training- 12/10/11
This morning after a nice night frost I started my run from home in direction to the bike path. I get off the bike path and ran in direction to Oakwood Valley trail. After I ran once the OWT loop, I headed up to the Ten parking lot and from there to the Ten beach. I turned around by the beach and ran back to the OWT, repeating the OWT loop and heading up to the Ten parking again, turning around and running back to the bike path, exiting the bike path and finishing my run by the starting  point. I picked up the pace in some sections. In other sections the wind slowed me down. Overall it was a good run. Total run time: 1 hour, 50 minutes and 44 seconds, or over 15 miles.

Sunday
AM: Another cold day. Big frost this morning. I ran home to the bike path, out and back and back home. My legs were feeling tired. Piriformis is acting again. Cold weather is always hard on your body. It requires a good warm up before leaving for your run. Total run time: 58 minutes and 57 seconds or just over 8 miles.

PM: Easy short run on the bike path. I rode my bike from home to the bike path. My legs felt better than in the first run. I did not time this run. It was around 4.7 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment