Friday, December 30, 2011

Hardy



Week Five - Crash Training - 12/24/11

Saturday
Day off.

Sunday
My almost long run day. I ran from home to the bike path and ran twice the bike path course out and back, plus a loop around the soccer fields. Cold weather. I was glad when it was over. Total run time: 1hour, 32 minutes and 23 seconds, or approx. 13.8 miles at 6:41 pace.

Monday
Bike path out and back plus one loop around the soccer fields and half way on the bike path out and back. I did not time this run. Very cold weather. It was a 9 miles run. Light upper body weights.

Tuesday
I was not expecting to feel any pain in my left knee when I went for my daily run on the bike path this afternoon, but an unexpected pain right at front of my knee, bellow the patella slowed me down.  I cut my run short. Just did the bike path route ,out and back. Better have a day off and see how things will develop in the next few days. During work I hit my head in some wood structure. It was a loud sound followed by a blood mess. Nasty cut right on top of my head.

Wednesday
Day off. Time to back off. Surprisingly sunny and warm day. I felt a sharp pain in my right calf during work. To make things worse my right leg shin is a little inflamed.

Thursday
After a day off I felt a little better this afternoon. I went out for my run not expecting much. Just trying to test my calf and knee. It turns out I had a good run. My injuries did not bother me and I was able to cover a nice distance running from home to the bike path and back. Total run time: 1 hour, 14 minutes and 28 seconds, or over 10.5 miles.

Friday
Another cold day. Most of my injuries seem to be related to the cold weather. This afternoon I decided to do a short easy run. The usual bike path route out and back. My legs were feeling good. No sign of injuries. Total run time: 32 minutes and and 18 seconds.

This week has been a tough week. My goal was to have an easy week in the 50-60 miles range. After all the adversities that I had to face I was able to run a little over 40 miles. So I have no reasons to complain.

Week Six - Crash Training - 12/31/11

Saturday
Easy run on the bike path. Total darkness. Last run of 2011. I ran after work. My legs were tired. Total run time: 34 minutes and 11 seconds.

Sunday
This morning I ran from home to the local track. I ran 21 laps on the track and headed back home. Cold morning. I was feeling very tired. Total run time: 57 minutes and 16 seconds, or over 8 miles.




No comments:

Post a Comment