Saturday, November 26, 2011

Was



Monday - 11/21/11
I started this week with a short run on the bike path. After a few days off I was feeling light. My intention was to race yesterday. The XC championship was one of my goals, specially in rainy and muddy day. But  I did not have enough time to recover and as usual my work got on the way. Total run time: 32 minutes and 35 seconds. Adding a short bike ride and few pull ups.

Tuesday
This morning I did my weight lifting routine. I have not done this routine for a while. In the afternoon I rode my bike to the bike path where I started my run. I decided to do 4 x 8 minutes. I started my run halfway on the bike path and I ran right to the its end and turned around. I repeated the same course twice. It will be like 4 x 1.44 miles. It went like this: 8:09; 1:48 jog; 7:55; 1:34 jog; 7:59; 1:45 jog; 3:53; bathroom stop 2:05; 4:05. I had some stomach issues in the last rep. I used my bike ride as my warm up and cool down. My legs felt good. It is hard to run an even pace because of the traffic. You never know when a person, dog or bike will get in  your way. But I was pleased with the speed session.

Wednesday
Short easy run on the bike path. The usual out and back route. I did two short bike rides. My legs are feeling a little tired.

Thursday
Another easy short run on the bike path. I felt tight and slow. The weather was cold after all the rain we had this morning. Total run time: 32 minutes and 48 seconds.

Friday
I ran from home to the bike path and back. Cold weather. Easy run. Total run time: 39 minutes and 26 seconds.

Saturday - Crash Training - Week I
8AM: Easy run from the bike path to the Ten beach and back. Moderate hilly: 70% flat, 30% hilly. Total run time: 58 min.
11:45AM: Easy short run from home to the bike path. I stayed on the bike path for about ten minutes and headed back home. Faster pace than the first run. Total run time: 31 minutes.
5:30PM:  I ran from home to the bike path, out and back and back home. Cold weather. The usual 8 miles route. Total run time: 55 minutes and 23 seconds.
I decided to start my Crash Training on Saturday because we supposed to have a few sunny days before the rain starts again and I have not done any big mileage last week. My legs are well recovered  and ready to take some punishment. So I started with a total of 20 miles for the day. Tomorrow I might easy up a little to a single run.

Sunday
AM: From home to the bike path out and back, plus half-way out and back, and back home. I did not want to do a long run without first building up the mileage. Total run time: 1 hour and 23 minutes.
PM: I felt surprisingly good for my second run. I ran from home to bike path out and back, and back home. Total run time: 52 minutes and 3 seconds.
The total mileage for the second day is around 19 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment