Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Endure


Since my Crash Training started on Saturday I will keep track of the last two days in this post. This is Week One. My mileage for Week One should be in the range of 90 to 100 miles.

Saturday - Crash Training - Week I - 11/26/11
8AM: Easy run from the bike path to the Ten beach and back. Moderate hilly: 70% flat, 30% hilly. Total run time: 58 min.
11:45AM: Easy short run from home to the bike path. I stayed on the bike path for about ten minutes and headed back home. Faster pace than the first run. Total run time: 31 minutes.
5:30PM: I ran from home to the bike path, out and back and back home. Cold weather. The usual 8 miles route. Total run time: 55 minutes and 23 seconds.
I decided to start my Crash Training on Saturday because we supposed to have a few sunny days before the rain starts again and I have not done any big mileage last week. My legs are well recovered and ready to take some punishment. So I started with a total of 19 miles for the day. Tomorrow I might easy up a little to a single run.

Sunday
AM: From home to the bike path out and back, plus half-way out and back, and back home. I did not want to do a long run without first building up the mileage. Total run time: 1 hour and 23 minutes.
PM: I felt surprisingly good for my second run. I ran from home to bike path out and back, and back home. Total run time: 52 minutes and 3 seconds.
The total mileage for the second day is around 18 miles.

Monday
I decided to do a single run in the late afternoon because I would have more time to recover. I started on the bike path and ran eight times a xc short loop of approximately one mile, averaging 6:40 pace. It included different terrains like grass, gravel, loose soil and asphalt.   After I ran the loop course, I added a few more minutes on the bike path. Total run time: 1 hour, 18 minutes and 12 seconds, or approximately 11 miles.

Tuesday
Hardest day so far. I developed an injury just under my left ankle, inside of the foot. It seems like I have been pronating my left foot too much. Maybe because I rotated my shoes many times and sometimes wearing a pair of shoes without any stability like racing flats. The tendon that connects to the bone seems to be a little inflamed. I was very cautious when I was running this afternoon. The injury was not a problem during my run but it could get worse if I don't treat it. I ran from home to the bike path out and back, and  ran again half of the bike path course and headed back home. I had to stop a couple times during the run to tie my shoes. Total run time: 1 hour and 18 minutes or just over 10.5 miles.

Wednesday
It was a very cold day. I decided to back off and do two easy runs instead of a long run combining the two short runs. My left foot still sore so I'm not taking any chances.
AM: Rush Creek area, out and back. Cold weather. Very easy run. I felt pain in my left foot. It took a while to warm up. Total run time: 36 minutes and 30 seconds, or just over 5 miles.
PM: Bike path, out and back. Short bike ride. Another easy run. Cold and windy. My left foot did not bother me. Total run time: 36 minutes and 8 seconds, or just over 5 miles.

Thursday
Very windy day. Winds over 25 to 40 mph. I ran from home to the bike path, once the Oakwood loop and to Ten parking lot where I turned around and headed back. I ran a couple extra miles on the bike path. Total run time: 1 hour and 25 minutes, or over 11 miles.

Friday
I did two easy runs. My legs were feeling good. No signs of injuries. My body was able to handle the miles well.
AM: Bike path out and back. Easy run. Beautiful sunny day. Total run time: 36 minutes and 30 seconds, or just over 5 miles.
PM: Bike path out and back. At this time I decided to do some pick ups in the middle of my run. The average pace was 6:46 per mile. My legs felt great. Total run time: 42 minutes and 3 seconds, or approximately 6.2 miles.

I ran between 90 and 100 miles from last Saturday to Friday. No complains. Everything worked out well. Even that I was unable to follow the planned mileage schedule, I was flexible to make changes when needed.

Saturday - 12/2/11 - Crash Training - Week Two
Two short bike rides. Upper body weight lifting.

Sunday
I ran from home  to the bike path, to the Oakwood Valley trail (once the loop), to Ten Parking lot, and headed back running the same route in the reverse. Before I hit the pavement I added a few minutes on the bike path. Cold weather. Total run time: 1 hour, 28 minutes and 15 seconds, or over 12 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment