Saturday, October 1, 2011

Plans



Monday
Easy run. I rode my bike to the local track. From there I ran the bike path out and back adding a few minutes around the soccer fields. I stopped to do a few pull ups. I have been feeling very sore since the Saturday's race. Plantar fasciitis is showing up in both foot. This afternoon I did not feel any pain while running but yesterday I was feeling very sore. Total run time: approx. 35 minutes.

Tuesday
It has been a while since I have done a speed session. I mean a speed session that I actually timed myself and measured the course. This afternoon I was ready to shake the rustiness off my legs. I did an easy warm up of 16 minutes followed by a few short drills and some stretch. Using GoogleEarth I measured a four hundred meters distance on the bike path for my repetitions. The plan was to do 12 x 400 with 45 seconds of rest in between. The course was out and back with no wind. I averaged 76 seconds for the 400 meters. (mostly 76 seconds) After the fourth rep the weather warmed up a little. I was sweating heavily. To finish my speed session I did a long cool down of 25 minutes way back home. Total run time: 1 hour, 8 minutes and 20 seconds including the 45 seconds of rest, or approx. 8.7 miles.

Wednesday
I worked until late. Very hot day. Short run on the bike path. My legs were feeling very tired. Hope to feel better tomorrow. After my run I did some pull ups. Total run time: 34 minutes.

Thursday
Day off. I worked long hours standing up and doing some labor work. Very tired.

Friday
Day off. Another long working day.

Saturday
I was planning to race this morning but I did not have any energy. So I decided to do a little run from home to the bike path. After a quick warm up I did 10 x 180 meters strides. This is what I call leg  speed training. The goal is to exaggerate the arm movements, run tall, pull with your toes, high knees lifting. I took 90 seconds in between reps. Full recovery would be the ideal. Total run time: 1 hour and 13 minutes including the 90 seconds of rest.

Sunday
This morning I left home around 7:15AM in direction to my local track. I have not done a speed session on the track for a long time. My plan was to do an easy tempo run of six miles under 36 minutes. Well, I did just that. I ran six miles in 35:03. My legs were feeling good after my leg speed training yesterday. After my tempo run I did a long cool down in the bike path and headed back home. Total run time: 1 hour, 24 minutes and 45 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment