Friday, September 9, 2011

Lapse



Monday
I was feeling a little tired from yesterday's run. All the cycling that I did this past week is catching up. Nonetheless I rode my bike to the bike path and ran my daily run at an easy and comfortable pace. This year has been a very busy year for the tourist industry. The  tourists are every where riding their bikes and carrying their maps and funny packs. I don't know why they come from far away to see a marsh and smell a sewage plant. Well, they seem  to enjoy taking pictures and asking questions. Back to my run, I ran the bike path route out and back, no need to time it. I did some pull ups.

Tuesday
Easy run with a short tempo of two miles. After a short warm up I ran a two miles tempo, out and back course on the bike path. The first mile was in 5:41 and the second mile in 5:44 against the wind, two miles in 11:25. My legs felt good even that I ran after work. I did a long cool down. Total run time: 45 minutes.

Wednesday
Easy run around the soccer fields. I created a loop around four soccer fields and ran it four times. Very hot weather. Short bike ride. Total run time: 32 minutes and 10 seconds.



Thursday
Easy run on the Rush Creek trail. Nice to run again around the cemetery marsh and see all the egrets and pelicans. Total run time: 34 minutes.

Friday
I ran the bike path route out and back. Very windy day. I was barely  moving my feet. Total run time: 34 minutes and 18 seconds.

Saturday
Another short easy run. I ran part of the bike path and finished with a few strides. As I was passing under the freeway overpass I witnessed an accident. A pick up driver backed his truck against this cyclist. He was trying to avoid being hit by another car. The cyclist went flying on the pavement. After the truck driver came out of his truck I almost hit him in the face but I just asked him nicely: "Are you on f*cking drugs?" He apparently had some issues. His lips were moving strange and he could not stop apologizing. Well, the victim was OK. I took off and ran to the other end. On the way back I stopped to check the cyclist and they were waiting for the police to show up. It was a very odd day. When I got up this morning, I could feel a sudden change in the weather: a very strong wind storm causing all the tall trees to move their branches quite  hard. I have never heard such loud noise being caused by the wind shaking the trees. Total run time: 30 minutes.

Sunday
Race day. I decided to run my first cross -country race of the season. It was a four miles course going through the GG park, a two miles loop.  I started in the middle of pack for the first 400 meters and gradually moved to the top 10-15. It is a complete different reality when you run against the best master of the this section of the country. The pace starts fast and there is no slow down. I hanged in there for the first loop passing a couple runners and just sitting on the back of the main group. About half mile from the finish there is a little incline that always get me in this course. I lost contact with the group in the second loop and could not make any ground in the runners ahead. But fortunately only one runner passed me about 100 meters from the finish where I tried to kick to catch him but it was too late. The official results are not out yet. I believe I ran the four miles course in 23:37.

No comments:

Post a Comment