Thursday, September 1, 2011

Feed


This was a good week. To change the pace I decided to include some speed sessions: speed training on Monday; tempo run on Tuesday and a short fartlek on Saturday. I was able to do some light weight lifting, pull ups and a few bike rides. Maybe I did too much, but I am feeling fit and ready to race again.

 
Monday
I did some speed training. It consisted of  10 x 100+meters with three minutes of rest in between/walking back to the start. I was trying to exaggerate the arm movement; high knee lifting; run tall; pull with my toes; long stride. I ran on the bike path. Total run time: 51 minutes and 10 seconds.

Tuesday
Tempo run. I ran four times the Oakwood Valley trail loop. I started with moderate pace and gradually increased the pace. It went like this: 9:20; 8:46; 8:35. The last loop was the cool down. Total run time: 37 minutes.

Wednesday
Easy run on the bike path. I ran the bike path route out and back, adding a few minutes around the soccer fields with some hill bouncing drills and a few pull ups. Total run time: 44 minutes and 58 seconds.

Thursday
Easy run on the bike path. My legs felt good. I added a few minutes to my regular route, and a couple short bike rides. Total run time: 52 minutes and 44 seconds.

Friday
Another easy run on the bike path. Very windy day. My legs were feeling a little tired. Total run time: 35 minutes and 30 seconds.

Saturday
I ran on the bike path doing a little fartlek, one minute hard/one minute easy, eight times. Very windy day. My legs felt good. After my run I did a few pull ups. Total run time: 31 minutes and 9 seconds.

Sunday
I had a short bike ride before my run. It was like a time trial on the bike path. Fast and furious. I thought it was enough to kill my legs for my daily run. But I was surprised how well I felt a couple hours later when I started my run from home. I went up Ten Valley on Springs trail. The elevation gain was about 1,000 ft. I was going uphill fast and relaxed. I did the loop and ended up by the Oakwood Valley Trail and from there back to the bike path and home. Total run time: 1 hour, 25 minutes and 36 seconds.

2 comments:

A13 said...

Hi HBM good luck if you have a race this weekend !!! Cheers A13

Honk Bonk Man said...

No race this weekend. I have been busy with some other projects. Maybe I will be racing next weekend. I hope you are doing fine and having a great time.

Post a Comment