Sunday, September 18, 2011

100


I will try to have a high mileage week because this summer I have not done any descent mileage. It will be risky because I will be making a big jump from a very low mileage to a high mileage. If I survive the injuries I will be OK. Running twice a day will make my legs feel fresh for the next day.

Monday
AM: Easy run from home to the bike path, out and back, adding a loop around the soccer fields and back home home. I felt good. No signs of soreness yet. Total run time: 1 hour, 4 minutes and 18 seconds, or over 8.5 miles.
PM: Easy run on the bike path. Short bike ride and few pull ups. Total run time: 35 minutes, or around 5 miles.

Tuesday
AM: Twice the bike path course. I threw in some pick ups. Total run times: 1 hour, 5 minutes and 8 seconds, or 9.4 miles.
PM: Easy run with a 1.5 miles under six minutes per mile pace in the middle. I was planning to do four miles tempo but the wind was very intense. Total run time: 47 minutes and 32 seconds, or around 6.5 miles.

Wednesday
AM: From home to the bike path and back. I ran the bike path course out and back and added a loop around the soccer fields. Total run time: 1 hour, 2 minutes and 37 seconds, or approx. 8.5 miles.
PM: Easy run on the bike path. Very windy afternoon. Total run time: 33 minutes and 54 seconds, or 5 miles.

Thursday
AM: I ran from home to the bike path and back, adding some extra minutes running around the soccer fields. Great weather. My legs are feeling light and fast. I'm recovering well. So far not much signs of injuries. Just have to watch my left knee and right piriformis. Total run time: 1 hour, 4 minutes and 24 seconds, or approx. 9 miles.
PM: Easy run on the bike path. Tight right quadriceps. Total run time: 35 minutes, or over 5 miles.

Friday
AM: The usual bike path course out and back with a loop around the soccer fields. Total run time: 1 hour and 37 seconds, or approx. 8.5 miles.
PM: I ran on the bike path and added a few minutes on the paved road. Total run time: 33 minutes, and 26 seconds, or approx. 4.5 miles.

Saturday
AM: Long run. I ran from home to the Ten Beach. Then in the way back I ran the bike path course, out and back and back home. Good run. My legs felt fresh. Total run time: 1 hour and 50 minutes, or over 15.5 miles.
PM: Short bike ride.

Sunday
AM: Another run to get the miles in. The usual route from home to the bike path out and back. I ran the bike path once out and back plus half-way out and back to add some extra minutes. The weather was warm. My legs felt fresh and recovered from yesterday's long run.  Total run time: 1 hour, 12 minutes and 36 seconds, or over 10.6 miles.
PM: To finish my high mileage week, I decided to do a few short hill reps. I found a short steep hill of 110 meters long with a grade of 45%. I ran up this hill 12 times averaging less than 30 secs. The rest was jogging down hill to the start, no more than a minute of rest in between the reps. Total run time: 47 minutes, or  over 5 miles.


3 comments:

A13 said...

Hi HBM, good luck if you have a race this weekend :)
and those images in the post below and awesome as usual..I think they look very good.
Cheers A13

Honk Bonk Man said...

Thanks A13. I might race this weekend. I am just trying to survive for now. Too much going on in this world. NOwhere to hide!

A13 said...

Yes you are right about too much going on in the world..take care and many regards :)
A13

Post a Comment