Sunday, August 14, 2011

X-Country



Monday
Easy run on the bike path. I ran after work. Tired from yesterday's run. Total run time: 34 minutes and 5 seconds.

Tuesday
It started as an easy run then I increased the pace to an almost tempo run on the usual bike path route, out and back. I ran the bike path route in 30:05 adding a loop around the soccer fields as a cool down. After my run I did some pull ups.  I was planning in running at least for one hour but I worked until later and I did not have any legs left plus my left knee is starting to act, too many hills. Total run time: 39 minutes.

Wednesday
Day off. I worked until late. No legs left.

Thursday
After a day off my legs were feeling better. I did a little speed session.  I created a xc type loop, almost flat. It was 1200 meters plus long. I ran it four times in: 4:15; 4:06; 4:06; 4:09 with two minutes easy jog in between. Windy day.  I felt really good. My left knee did not show any signs of injury. Total run time: 39 minutes and 33 seconds.

Friday
Easy run on the bike path. My piriformis is trying to act again. It  has do with the type of work I do. Well, back to the regular stretches routine. Total run time: 32 minutes and 41 seconds.

Saturday
I ran on the bike path out and back but a little far than usual. I increased the pace a few times. My right piriformis did not bother me. Hot day. Total run time: 1 hour and 7 minutes.

Sunday
To finish this week I ran a very hilly route. I was not concerned about mileage but to add some hills to my training. The hills were long and steep, over a mile long with about 800ft of elevation gain. It should be a good preparation for the cross country season that will start next week. Total run time: 1 hour, 28 minutes and 54 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment