Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lab



This week was a difficult one. My legs never really recovered and work got priority over my run. I had to back off on my mileage and just try to run as much as my time and body could allow me.

Monday
Easy run. I increased the pace for the last ten minutes. The usual bike path route, out and back. Very hot day. Short bike ride to the bike path. Total run time: 31 minutes and 20 seconds.

Tuesday
I ran from home to the bike path, out and back, and back home. My legs felt good. To make things a little more difficult I added three pounds weights around my ankles. It was fun to run carrying  an extra six pounds. Total run time: 56 minutes and 02 seconds, usually without the weights I ran this route in 51-53 minutes range. I ran better than I thought I would with the extra weight.

Wednesday
Yesterday's afternoon while I was working I noticed a big "bump" on my right knee. It was the size of a tennis ball. I was not sure how it happened. Maybe I hit my knee a couple days ago or it was caused by the extra weights that I used for my Tuesday's run. I have been icing the area. I did not feel any pain during my run. Easy short run from home to the bike path and back. Total run time: 30 minutes and 20 seconds.

Thursday
My right knee was still swollen. I decided to do a short run on the bike path. Total run time: 37 minutes.

Friday
I worked until late. No legs or time for my daily run. My right knee is a little sore. Better have another day off.

Saturday
Another long working day. Very tired. Right knee is still sore. Day off. Hope to save my long run for tomorrow.

Sunday
Well, I needed to end my week with a long run. I would not consider today's run as a long run but it was better than I expected. My plan  was to run no more than 90 minutes. I have been feeling quite tired lately and my knee injury was making things worse. I ran from home to the bike path, staying on the bike path for about four miles. There was a cancer prevention walk happening on the bike path. So I had to find a different route to my run. I decided to hit the pavement going up this nice hill where you usually only see cyclists riding up. It took me about 11 minutes to climb it. After that I took this long steep downhill followed by some flat sections and another nice long climb. My legs were feeling good, except that I did not quite get used to the minimalist shoes. After 75 minutes I started to feel my calves getting very sore and it would last for the rest of my run. I was glad when it was over. Total run time: 1 hour and 46 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment