Saturday, July 23, 2011

Basics



This week I am just trying to have a good speed session and do some easy runs to keep my aerobic base. Next Saturday I will be racing a half marathon.

Monday
Day off.

Tuesday
Good run. I ran the bike path route out and back plus one loop around the soccer fields. The first section I ran in 8:50 against the wind. The second section, after the turnaround, I ran in 8:28. Then I just ran easy for the rest of the course. I covered the course in 36:15 and did 4 x 50 seconds with less than 60 seconds recovery/active rest. I was planning to run longer but my stomach was not collaborating. Total run time: 45 minutes and 10 seconds.

Wednesday
It was a very hot day. I ran five times the Oakwood Valley loop. My legs felt good. I started a little slow and increased the pace. First and last section was on the road. (6:45;10:36; 9:53; 9:52; 9:49; 9:57; 6:25). Total run time: 1 hour 3 minutes and 20 seconds.

Thursday
Very easy run on the bike path, out and back. Windy. Total run time: 33 minutes and 45 seconds.

Friday
Easy run. I created a cross country style loop around four soccer fields and some other structures. I ran three times the loop in 10:33; 9:32; 9:22. I finished with a few strides on the grass. My left knee is showing some signs of injury. I will have to watch it. Total run time: 39 minutes and 9 seconds.

Saturday
Another easy run on the bike path. I am being very careful with my left knee. I have been feeling a little tired so I am just doing some easy runs to  keep my aerobic base. Total run time: 37 minutes and 21 seconds.

Sunday
Another day off. I have been feeling very tired. My left knee/ITB is not feeling well. Better back off than sacrifice all my training for the Saturday's race.

4 comments:

A13 said...

Aoplogies for not dropping around sooner HBM, Busy at the moment!!
Looks like you trained well this week and did very well in your race!! congratulations on first place for your age group in your race!
BTW what is the age group in which you are competing? you only look about 30.
Cheers A13

Honk Bonk Man said...

I wish I was 30. Well, I don't like to remind myself that I am 43. There is no way to hide I guess.

A13 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Honk Bonk Man said...

Great job. Have a baby at 41 must be quite a task. Tennis requires some endurance and strength. It is a very competitive sport.

Post a Comment