Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tense


Sunday
I left home around 1PM this afternoon heading to the bike path. To test my legs I added a nice steep hill of 3/4 miles. I ran the bike path route, out and back and headed back home. It is a gorgeous day. Beautiful weather. My hamstring wasn't a problem but my piriformis got tighter. This is the phase when I can not run for a couple days until I can test it again. I will be doing lots stretch and ice. At least I was able to put a couple 50 minutes runs this week. Total run time: 51 minutes and 25 seconds.

Saturday
Easy run from home to the bike path, out and back and back home. My legs felt good. My hamstring wasn't as tight as yesterday. The piriformis did not cause me any problems. I don't know how my hamstring will behave on a hilly course like the half marathon next weekend. I hope things get better. Wrong time to have any injuries. I might have to take a few more days off. Total run time: 50 minutes and 18 seconds.

Friday
Easy run on the bike path, out and back adding a few more minutes to the StarBagels. My right hamstring got tight after 20 minutes of running. The piriformis did not bother me. This injury started with a right tight hamstring and it is moving up to my piriformis. I am doing some stretches, massage and ice. Nothing else I can do at this time. Just wait to heal. Total run time: 35 minutes.

Thursday
Another day off. Piriformis and hamstrings are tight and sore.

Wednesday
Easy run from home to the bike path and back. It started raining when I left home. No rhythm. Another short run that made me feel awful. I decided to cut this one short to avoid complicating my injuries. It seems like the Sunday's long run really killed my legs. It is time to back off. Total run time: 35 minutes.

Tuesday
Day off. I am not taking any chances with my left knee. Very tired.

Monday
Easy run on the bike path. I stopped to do a few pull ups. My legs are very tired. Got no rhythm or pace. It felt awful. I need more rest. It seems like the allergies are making the air so "heavy" and hard to breath. I was glad when this little run was over. Total run time: 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment