Thursday, May 19, 2011

Grouch


Thursday
This morning I went back to my old trail route. I used to log lots miles in this area. The terrain is almost flat, except for a short section with some gentle rolling hills. I will divide this route in four sections. The course is out and back. It starts at Bahia gate. The first section is rolling hills being a little easy than the way back. I ran it in 15:12 as a warm up. The second section starts by the cemetery marsh where the first section ends. It is a flat section that goes around the marsh and ends by the Rush Creek gate, the turnaround point.  I ran this section in 14:10 for 2.3 miles. The third section is like the second section in the reverse. I ran this section in an easy 14:49. The fourth and final section is the first section in reverse. I increased the pace as this section is the hardest one. I ran the final section in 14:48. Total run time: 59minutes and 1 second.

Wednesday
Another  easy run from home to the bike path, out and back, and back home. I gradually increased the pace to see how my legs would answer. The pace felt easy. I need to watch my left knee. It is trying to act. The possible cause is a tight ITB. I will do some extra stretching this week. Total run time: 50 minutes and 21 seconds.

Tuesday
Easy run from home to the Ten Beach and back. I ran the Oakwood Valley trail loop once on the way back. My legs are a little sore but I am feeling pretty good. The pace was good. It started raining the way back but it was not enough to to disturb my run.  Total run time: 1 hours and 34 minutes.

Monday
Day Off. Sore legs. Mentally I am not ready to run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment