Thursday, May 5, 2011

Backing

On Thursday things did not go as planned. I had to work until late and by the end of the day I did not have much left in the tank. My run was from home to the bike path and back. The hot weather and the wind did not help me. I avoided the two hours drive to the race course because I thought I would not recover for next Sunday's race. It would be nice to go over the course again but it won't happen. I did two sets of pull ups to work my upper body. Total run time: 53 minutes and 48 seconds.

On Wednesday I decided to take a day off.  I was feeling tired and had to work doing some steep climbs up and down these set of steps. I knew that by the end of day I would not have any legs left. I am thinking about doing a tempo run over the race course on Thursday. So I will try to save my legs for tomorrow.


On Tuesday the weather got really hot. I went for my run later in the day but it did not help me that much. I was sweating badly. My legs were very tired. So I decided to cut things short. I ran the bike path route out and back and added a few more minutes. Total run time: 41 minutes and 34 seconds.

On Monday I did an easy run on the bike path. The weather is getting warmer. Lots grasses are blooming and causing havoc with the allergies. My legs are feeling good. I rode my bike for a few minutes this afternoon. Total run time: 32 minutes and 41 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment