Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Facet

This afternoon I ran the usual bike path route out and back. Easy and short. My legs are sore. I will need a couple more days of easy runs to recover. My mileage won't be as high as I expected this week. I hope to have at least two runs over one hour and one long run this week. Total run time: 33 minutes.


On Tuesday morning I hit the hills. I ran a very hilly course with an elevation gain of 1,400 feet. My legs were sore but I kept an even pace throughout of the run. It started with a 19 minutes climb followed by  10 minutes downhill. Then a 23 minutes climb followed by some rolling hills for about 8 minutes. The last section was downhill.(the same section that I ran uphill at start) Total run time: 1 hour and 9 minutes.


On Tuesday afternoon I went out for another run. I ran from home to the bike path out and back, and headed back home. I stopped to do a few pull ups. My run was a little too fast on the bike path. It became almost a tempo run for about 20 plus minutes. I felt light and comfortable with the pace. Great warm weather. Total run time: 51 minutes and 30 seconds.


On Monday I did an easy short run. My legs were feeling very sore. I ran the usual bike path route out and back. I am recovering well. My intent is to put a high mileage week and gradually back off. My next race is in about three weeks. It is a hilly ten mile race. Total run time: 33 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment