Friday, March 18, 2011

Joke

Saturday morning I did a short run to loose up my legs or just see in what shape I am. I am feeling a little better. It has been raining for the last two days and tomorrow won't be any different. I was able to do some strides. My legs seem to be recovering. How well recovered I will be by tomorrow morning I don't really know. Usually if you did not recover a week before the race, it is too late to expect any miracles to happen at race day. But I will be at start line rain or shine.

This afternoon I did a short easy run on the bike path. The rain stopped for a couple hours. My legs are feeling OK. I can't predict how well I will be racing.   I have not done any serious speed sessions going into this race. Last year I had better luck with my training and I did not have to work so hard like these last two weeks before the race.  I hope for the best but by checking the weather, it sounds like we are going to have a big rainy storm with winds over 40 mph on Sunday.  The race course is hilly and paved.  Well, no guts, no glory.

Yesterday I had absolutely not legs to do my run. Going up and down steep hills over 100 times a day makes your legs strong and dead by the end of the day. I took another day off.


 

1 comment:

I understand and wish to continue said...

Hi HBM.
Good Luck in your race!!!
We are all thinking of you :)
Go Get em!
Cheers A13

Post a Comment