1/2 cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts
12 ounces fresh spinach, washed, or 1 10-ounce box frozen spinach
1 to 4 gloves garlic, crushed, or 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound pasta, such as linguini
3 to 4 tablespoons oil, preferably olive or canola
Salt and pepper, as desired
1. Toast the pine nuts (or walnuts) by baking them in a shallow dish for about 8 minutes in a 300 F oven.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package and prepare the spinach by washing the leaves and cutting off the stems.
3. Head the oil in a large skillet. Add the spinach and garlic, and toss until the spinach is just wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the drained pasta to the spinach; toss together. Add salt to the taste and half of the pine nuts.
5. Serve, and scatter the rest of the pine nuts on top.
Nutrition Information: Total calories: 2,750 Calories per serving: 550
Nutrients: Carbohydrates: 52%, 75 grams Protein: 15%, 21 grams Fat: 33%, 20 grams
Source: Sports Nutrition Guidebook by Nancy Clark