Sunday, March 6, 2011

Abbreviations



This afternoon I spent a few minutes in my local library. I was browsing the American Dictionary of Abbreviations. And I would like to share some of these abbreviations:

AAA: Antiaircraft Artillery
AAO: Awake-Alert-Oriented
ACTION: American Council To Improve Our Neighborhoods
ALICE: All-purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment
AM: Amplitude Modulation; Asian Male; Airmail
ARM: Adjustable Rate Mortgage; Alien Resistance Movement

BAL: Blood Alcohol Level; British Anti-Lewisite
BANANA: Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anybody
BEG: Big Evil Grin
B/D: Bank Draft; Bill Discounted; Brought Down
BIS : Bank of International Settlements; Brain Injury Society
BLT: Bilateral Lung Transplantation; Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
BP: Bills Payable; Blood Pressure; Borough President
BS: Bachelor of Science; Balance Sheet; Bar Sirach; Bill of Sale; Blood Sugar; Breath Sounds; Bullshit

HIFO: Highest In, First Out


3 comments:

I understand and wish to continue said...

HI HBM,
Hope you had a nice run,
are you going to do the whole alphabet of abbreviations?? i did enjoy the ones you put there..
I Like FIGJAM...
(fuck i'm good, just ask me)
have apleasant day.
:)
A13

Honk Bonk Man said...

I might just do some of the funny stuff. It would take a few months to type the entire booklet in this blog. Yes, now I am a great fan of FIGJAM.

Honk Bonk Man said...

How about DOY?(The Telegraph)

DOY: Duke Of York; Do Naught Yourself

Post a Comment