Friday, February 18, 2011

New

Rain and more rain. We had rain all day. I was expecting a little break so I could go out there and do my run. But it did not happen. So this afternoon under heavy rain  I decided to go for a short run. The usual bike path route, out and back. It is hard to imagine anybody going for a run on  Friday afternoon under a heavy rain.  I saw one person and a couple cyclists. That was it. It was so dark that I could not even spot the geese in middle of the marsh.
Last two days I am having some resurgence of plantar fasciitis. I was trying to figure out why. Usually you can trace back to what triggered the problem. That is why it is important to keep track of your daily run. So you can go back to your log and find out when  things started going wrong.

I went back to my daily log and I could not find any explanation why I was having plantar fasciitis again and so painful. Well, this afternoon when I got home. I took my shoes off and then my socks. I look at my legs at I could see this line created by my new pair of socks right up my ankle. It was caused by my socks being too tight. I believe what happened it was that my socks were too tight and restricted the flow of blood to my feet. The plantar area under your foot is already a very difficult area to heal because of the limited flow of blood. So after I changed my socks, I did not feel any discomfort during my afternoon run. I'm going back to my old socks. There is always something new to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment