Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ice

 Back to my daily runs. This blog should be about my boring runs. Monday I ran from home to the bike path going left to its end, turned around and headed back  home. My legs were feeling a little heavy. But I expected to feel a little tired after Sunday's run. I ran later in the evening trying to avoid the rain, but no such luck. Midway into my run the rain started. Total run time: 32 minutes and 45 seconds.


Tuesday was my day off. We had a big wind storm of 30 mph yesterday.  So today I ran a little early in the day. I ran the bike path out and back and added a few more minutes running to the Oakwood Valley trail. For my surprise during my run we had a haze storm. It did not last for more the five minutes. Total run time: 43 minutes.

6 comments:

I understand and wish to continue said...

Hi HBM,
Running is not boring,(i wish i coul do more of it) and by the looks of it, where you run is a nice place.
I just run around a tennis court somtimes..
What is a hazel storm?
Cheers A13

Good will prevail said...

I got back from my run earlier today with legs like lead, and real pain in the front of both shins, pretty hacked off as I am just starting to get into a regular routine and can feel the benefits, so the last thing I need is time out for injuries etc.Your local looks stunning.

Honk Bonk Man said...

Haze is traditionally an atmospheric phenomenon where dust, smoke and other dry particles obscure the clarity of the sky. I meant haze, not hazel. Yes, I run in a beautiful area. No complains. If you can do 100 laps around the tennis court, you will be ok.

Honk Bonk Man said...

Well, better you back off and find out what went wrong. There are thousands of people every year that sign up for a marathon and never make to the start line. Are you running on the paved road or uneven surface?

Good will prevail said...

I am running on uneven and quite gravelly tarmac, but I do use a decent pair of running shoes which seem to absorb the undulations just fine.

Honk Bonk Man said...

It is not about absorption, but:
- over-pronation
- overstriding
- running on hard surfaces
- mileage increase too quick

These are some of the reasons why you are having shin splints.

Post a Comment