Tuesday, February 22, 2011

DOMS

Another day, another run. This afternoon after a long working day, I did my daily run from home to the bike path, out and back and back home. My legs are tired from the Sunday's run. But I'm recovering well. It was a beautiful sunny day. We are expecting some rain for the next couple days. My training seems to be going well. I hope to keep my mileage as it is now, not being too ambitious. Total run time: 53 minutes.
Yesterday, I ran the usual bike path route, out and back plus a few minutes to the Oakwood Valley trail. It was an easy short run. My legs were a little sore from Sunday's effort. But I usually feel very light and fast after a hard effort. It takes a couple days for you to feel the sore and tired legs. It is called DOMS(Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) , also called muscle fever. The soreness is felt most strongly 24 to 72 hours after the exercise. After the hard effort, the muscle adapts rapidly to prevent muscle damage, and thereby soreness, if the exercise is repeated. Total run time: 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment