Sunday, January 23, 2011

Effort

After a few easy days I ran a little further this afternoon. I left home around 3:15PM heading to the bike path. It was a beautiful sunny day. A very crowded day on the bike path. It was hard to keep my mind concentrated on my run. I was trying to get around the cyclists, walker, dogs, joggers, etc. I was planning to do a little speed session. Maybe a tempo run or a fartlek. I started at a very fast pace and it did not take very long for reality to sink in. I hit the first mile in 5:15 and I already knew that I was done with my tempo run. So I backed off and regrouped to find a way to save my speed session by concentrating on some short efforts with more rest. So I did a few 1 to 2 minutes at 90% effort where I did not have to fight my way through the crowd. I ran twice the bike path course and headed back home. Total run time: 1hour and 27 minutes or over 12.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment